Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birding Metro Lakes

November 1, 2008

Richard Stevens:

I enjoyed the fantastic fall day by visiting several local lakes.

After taking Bryan & Sue Ehlmann to the airport, I detoured over to the northwest side of Barr Lake (Adams County). A walk from mile marker 5.3 to 4.3 only found one Common Loon and the usual suspects.

My next stop was Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe) where several of the Common Loons and Bonaparte's Gulls were still around.

At Fort Logan National Cemetery (Denver) I photographed 6 Greater Scaup. A short distance away I observed on Marston Reservoir: 1 Black Scoter, 1 Pacific Loon, and 7+ Common Loons. I had 6 Common Loon in my scope at one time!

My final stop was Aurora Reservoir. I only relocated the Pacific Loon and 2 Common Loons. The Black Scoter could have been in one of the coves/bays that I could not see from the south end. I was too tired to circle the 9 mile loop to look.

Beautiful Saturday for November! Continued good birding!
.

No comments: