Monday, March 19, 2007

Bike Ride Around the DIA Owl Loop

March 18, 2007

I rode my bike around the DIA Owl Loop this afternoon; no Burrowing Owls were spotted yet. Few birds were spotted along the eastern side of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal (Buckley Road between 56th & 88th avenues. A herd of 60+ White-tailed Deer were about 1/2 mile north of 56th avenue. There were many Western Meadowlarks singing out on the plains. Just a few Horned Larks were seen.

I did not hear about the Sage Sparrow found by Terry Michaels at Chatfield Reservoir until quite late in the afternoon. I started over there. When I realized that my arrival would be near dark, I turned around.

A quick drive through Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe) after sunset found about 30+ American White Pelicans and 4 Double-crested Cormorants. Again no gulls; they are spending the night somewhere else this spring?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.