Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Return to Cherry Creek Reservoir

May 1, 2019

Richard Stevens:

It was not raining when I reached Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe) in the afternoon.  However, it was quite cold.   High temperature was 47 degrees today; however, it was only 39 at 4:00 pm.  Winds were 15-16 mph with gusts to 23 mph.

I was not plan on birding today.  Loch Kilpatrick's report of a Cassin's Kingbird and Northern Parula changed my mind.

The Northern Parula was not found during my two hour search.  Over that time, Western Kingbird count increased to 32 birds.  Eight Say's Phoebes and a flock of fourteen Yellow-rumped Warblers also flew into the area.

I was not able to find a Cassin's Kingbird or the Northern Parula.  A check of the Smoky Hill Group Picnic area produced the same results.

No comments: