Monday, November 13, 2017

Douglas and Adams County Birding

November 12, 2017

Richard Stevens:

After dropping Terry off in Centennial, I drove down to the Twenty mile Pond and photographed the Brant.  A Ross's Goose and several Snow Geese were among several hundred Canada Geese & Cackling Geese.

Later, I passed by the First Creek Trail (Adams) and stopped.  No Common Redpoll for me, birds found in order of number were Dark-eyed Juncos, American Tree Sparrows, Song Sparrows, American Goldfinches and White-crowned Sparrow.

A Great Horned Owl flew between First Creek and the trail (quite close) and settled in a cottonwood at the west end of the first riparian area along the creek.

I sat at my usual spot (0.2 miles north of W. Cargo Road & Third Creek) at just before sunset.  No Short-eared Owls appeared this evening.

No comments: