Friday, September 6, 2019

Search for a Little Blue Heron

September 1, 2019

Richard Stevens:

It was a hot 98 degrees on this memorial day.  Winds 5-6 mph with gusts to 11 mph.

Rebecca and I headed to Lowell Ponds Wildlife Area (Adams) after a report of a Little Blue Heron.  We circled the Wildlife Area and all the ponds however found not one heron.

We ran into an Arizona birder looking for Clay-colored Sparrows.  I suggested Clear Creek Valley Park on the north side of I76 (it was once considered part of Lowell Ponds Wildlife Area).

Rebecca and I headed over that way and circled the park on the new hiking path (much nicer than the many times I had to bushwhack along the south fence line).

We counted thirty one Snowy Egrets, no Little Blue Heron.  As a side note, we found three Clay-colored Sparrows at the southeast corner of the most western pond!

No comments: