Friday, September 6, 2019

Avoiding a Thunderstorm and Hail

September 6, 2019

Richard Stevens:

High temperature was a "cool" 84 degrees.  Winds before the late afternoon thunderstorm were 8-9 mph.  Gusts during the storm reached 30 mph. 

After doing chores I was tempted to drive back down to the Walker Gravel Pond for another look at the egrets there.  Yesterday I relocated the three Snowy Egret s first seen on September 2 (Monday).

Fortunately several reporters of the Little Blue Heron appear to have retracted their identification.  

I say fortunately because a thunderstorm with hail hit Parker and Franktown just about the time I would have been arriving at the Walker Pond (just west of Franktown).

At least I finished many chores today!

I did take a brief drive east of Denver International Airport searching for the Cassin's Sparrow reported yesterday; none was found.

Then I checked on the Red-headed Woodpecker at Box Elder Creek and 104th Avenue, not there.  A Cassin's Sparrow was observed just west of the Creek and south of 104th.

No comments: