Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Couple of Birding Stops in Arapahoe County

April 11, 2018

Richard Stevens:

While out doing chores, Rebecca and I stopped at several places.  Temperatures reached 79 degrees today.  Winds were 10-11 mph with gusts to 17 mph.

The Greater White-fronted Goose was near the ponds at the south end of Expo Park in Aurora.

Photos on Colorado Birding Society's photo library: recent favorite photos

Winds had stopped at 6:00 pm when Rebecca and I walked the 12 mile Beaver Pond trail at Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe).

We walked to the north end of the ponds and returned to our car.  The Sagebrush Sparrow was not observed on the way south.  I had given up that the sparrow was still there.  However, it was on the path when we returned.  

The location was halfway between where the trail goes through a willow patch and the next willow patch to the south.

I only took a couple of witness shots before my favorite dog walker (see yesterday's post) came down the path and scared the sparrow away for the second day in a row.  I did inform her, that we would not return tomorrow.

photo: recent witness photo link

No comments: