Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Colorado Lifebird, Bear Creek Lake Park

November 20, 2012

Richard Stevens:

It has been a long week or so of birding and once again, I promised my feet that they would not have to wear hiking boots today.  Once again, I was not accurate.  I had to chase the Brambling report at Bear Creek Lake Park (Jefferson County).

The location was not difficult to find as dozens of birders were already there when I arrived.  It had been seen just 4 or 5 minutes before my arrival.  I waited the "reported 20 minute interval" and the male Brambling put in an appearance.  He seemed to follow 6-12 American Tree Sparrows to the seed put out by Mike Henwood.

Later I hiked Bear Creek where it enters the lake.  The previously reported Harris's Sparrow was not found. 

I stopped off at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal (Adams) on the trip home.  The Harris's Sparrows also did not show at the Contact Station feeders.

No comments: