Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vermilion Flycatcher at Barr Lake State Park

March 25, 2009

Richard Stevens:

I had promised my feet that they would not have be in hiking boots today. As happens quite often I broke the promise when I heard about the Vermilion Flycatcher at Barr Lake State Park (Adams County).

We hurried over and watched the red and brown male Vermilion Flycatcher for a good 30 minutes. Afterwards I searched around the Visitor Center and Boat Ramp (mile marker 7.5) for American Tree Sparrow; again without success.

It was a good thing that we hurried over to Barr Lake to see the Vermilion Flycatcher. Denver was hit by a blizzard the next day. I returned briefly on March 26th and searched an hour for the Vermilion Flycatcher. Visibility was down to 20 feet and the Vermilion Flycatcher was not found. March 27th I decided to not leave the house and to leave the snowy roads to others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.