Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Stretching My Legs at Barr Lake

August 24, 2018

Richard Stevens:

Weather quite different than the mountains.  High temperature in the afternon was 90 degrees.  Felt very warm compared to our last few days.  Winds were 8-9 mph with gusts to 15 mph.

After returning home, I decided to walk around Barr Lake (Adams County) to stretch my legs after the long drive.

The previous and continuing reported Black-bellied Plover was not found by me.  I hiked the shore from the southeast corner of the Lake to the Niedrach boardwalk.

A Least Flycatcher, Cassin's Vireo and Townsend's Warbler were found on the walk back to my car at the boat ramp.

Burrowing Owls were later relocated along the DIA Owl Loop (Adams/Denver) at Trussville Road & 114th Avenue and one along Gun Club Road south of 112th Avenue.

No Short-eared Owls appeared this evening.

No comments: