Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Quick Trip Down to Denver City Park

February 8, 2016

I have not been feeling well recently.  Getting outside for an hour or two helped calm down my ailing body.  Unfortunately, I had no energy at night to update this blog.

Hoping to catch up tonight, I will skip weather reported for the past couple of weeks.

While out doing chores, I stopped by Denver City Park (Denver County).  The Glaucous Gull reported earlier in the morning was not around at 2:00 pm.  The only Scaup I found were Lesser Scaup (three Greater Scaup had been reported).

No geese were on Emerald-Strand Park or Lakecrest as I passed them around 4:00 pm.

I did observe a Short-eared Owl flying south of the corner of 96th avenue & W. Cargo Road.  It flew from Denver to Adams County!

No comments: