Saturday, December 12, 2015

Lake Loveland to Cherry Creek Reservoir

December 6, 2015

Richard Stevens:

It was another beautiful, warm winter day in Colorado!

I drove up to Lake Loveland (Larimer) in the morning to see if the two Dunlin were still around.  Yes, they were at the north end of the lake.  One of the previously reported Lesser Black-backed Gulls was also there!

In the afternoon, I spent the last two hours of daylight scoping Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe).  I found GLAUCOUS GULL (Walbek, 12/5), two THAYER'S GULL (Madsen, 11/18), 22+ BONAPARTE'S GULL (Petrosky, 10/29), LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (Stevens, 11/13) & BARROW'S GOLDENEYE (Stevens, 11/18).

I missed the previously reported Mew Gull.  Later I found out that Loch Kilpatrick had spotted a Long-tailed Duck earlier in the day.

No comments: