Sunday, July 26, 2015

Return to Denver On to Loveland Pass

June 12, 2015

Richard Stevens:

Bryan and I headed back to Denver long before sunrise today.  We both looked forward to clean sheets on soft beds after days in tents, afternoons of rain, mosquitoes and tree pollen (pollen was falling under all the firs where our owl nesting boxes are located).

A detour to Hwy 85 and Weld CR 114 found two Chestnut-collared Longspurs on our trip home.

Bryan was more fortunate than I who had committed to a trip to Loveland Pass today.

Fortunately, the White-tailed Ptarmigan search on Loveland Pass (Clear Creek) was quick.  It took only 20 minutes for me to find two for my three birding companions.

A stop at Genesee Mountain Park (Jefferson) on the trip back to Denver found three Williamson's Sapsuckers, no Dusky Grouse.

The Blue-winged Warbler was singing at the northeast corner of Welchester Tree Park when we arrived.

Finally, I arrived home and slept the rest of the day.

No comments: