Sunday, December 6, 2009

Larimer and Boulder Counties

November 26, 2009

Richard Stevens:

Sunrise found me at Grandview Cemetery in Fort Collins (Larimer). The two White-winged Crossbills and nine Red Crossbills were feeding on pinecones in the middle of the cemetery!

My next stop found a female Greater Scaup at Cattail Ponds in Loveland (Larimer).

Continuing south, I found the previously reported White-winged Scoter at McIntosh Lake. A lone Bonaparte's Gull swam in the middle of the lake!

The previously reported Long-tailed Duck was swimming at the west side of Lagerman Reservoir.

Next, I spent 2 hours at Boulder Creek at 63rd avenue searching unsuccessfully for the Palm Warbler reported yesterday.

At dusk I returned to Boulder Reservoir hoping a Short-eared Owl would come out; none did.

No comments: