Thursday, November 22, 2007

Prewitt Reservoir

November 19, 2007

At first light I drove the DIA Owl Loop (Adams County) in search of owls. A Short-eared Owl flew along the windbreak northwest of Powhaton Road & 128th avenue. This was well before sunrise. It disappeared perhaps 10 minutes before sunrise.

I then drove around looking for longspurs, snow buntings, and etc.; without success. A couple of Red-tailed Hawks were along the new section of 128th avenue (east of Trussville Road).

I headed east and stopped briefly at Jackson Reservoir (Morgan County). Not much was found here. A flock of 9 Yellow-rumped Warblers fluttered about the campgrounds.

Prewitt Reservoir was slow also. I did not find any uncommon birds on the water. Few birds moved about the woods at the inlet area. Few birds were around the outlet canal. After dark, I did hear an Eastern Screech-Owl about 150 yards west of the eastern parking area (semi-campgrounds).

No comments: