Thursday, March 29, 2018

Great Stop at Cherry Creek Reservoir

March 25, 2018

In the afternoon, I drove over to Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe) to search for the Vermilion Flycatcher reported by Allen Hagood earlier in the afternoon.  I did not relocate the bird in about two hours and started to leave.  

Michael Lester was walking the hillside at the eastern end of the East Shades parking area.  Fortunately, I stopped; he was able to put me on the bird.  

Photos on the Colorado Birding Society's website Photo Library "recent favorite photos" http://coloradobirdingsociety.net 

Temperature was 64 degrees.  Winds went from 9-10 mph to 29 mph.  The Long-eared Owls were hidden somewhere out of the wind.

I parked an hour before sunset along 88th avenue just west of W. Cargo Road's gravel extension.  Near sunset, a Short-eared Owl was observed below the hill south of 88th avenue.  It flew back and forth along (north) Pena Blvd.  I believe it entered both Adams and Denver Counties.

No comments: