Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Parker & Aurora Reservoir

February 12, 2018

Richard Stevens:

I will not talk about my fractured ankle after today, got to put a shoe on after three weeks!  Someday I hope to walk soon!

Temperatures reached 28 degrees; however it was 17 degrees in Parker at 3:00 pm.  Winds were 5-6 mph with several gusts at Aurora Reservoir at 22 mph.

Rebecca and I had business in Parker.  We checked Salisbury Equestrian Park, Bar CCC Park and surrounding fields.  Only a few White-cheeked Geese were found and no Brant.

Taking the back roads home we passed by Aurora Reservoir (Arapahoe).  The Long-tailed Ducks, two White-winged Scoters and a Lesser Black-backed Gull continue at the lake.

I detoured 8 miles to Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe).  A Long-eared Owl was perched on the fence along the shooting range access road.

No Short-eared Owls were encountered along the DIA Owl Loop after sunset.

No comments: