Friday, November 13, 2015

Aurora & Cherry Creek Reservoirs

November 13, 2015

Richard Stevens:

I reversed the direction of my chores today (opposite of yesterday) and passed through Aurora Reservoir (Arapahoe) first.  It was another beautiful day.  Anemometer readings were 8 mph; the temperature reached the high 50s.

I was able to relocate the Red-necked Grebe and the Common Loon at Aurora Reservoir.  Gulls were scattered over the lake.  A quick scoping found no large white gulls or black backed gulls.  No scoters were found today either.

At Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe), I scoped the lake from the three sides of the Lake Loop.  Two Common Loons were in the extreme southeastern corner.  The Pacific Loon was swimming around off the swim beach.  I did not search for Bonaparte's Gulls; however a Lesser Black-backed Gull was swimming near the southwest marina.

Hundreds of Western Grebes continue, a few Eared Grebes & Pied-billed Grebe.  I did not find any scoters or Red-necked Grebes. 

No comments: