Saturday, February 2, 2019

Wandering Around East of Denver

February 2, 2019

Richard Stevens:

High temperature was 57 degrees.  Winds were 7-8 mph with gusts to 16 mph.  Our superb warm winter continues as the northeast is swamped.

Rebecca and I observed three Rusty Blackbirds on First Creek.  They mostly searched for food on the eastern fork just north of the 56th avenue Bridge.

We could not find the Rusty Blackbird around the Cherry Creek Reservoir swim beach pond.  It was my third unsuccessful search to relocate the bird.  I probably will not try again.

After dropping Rebecca off, I walked around Barr Lake (Adams) to enjoy the warm afternoon.  One Barn Owl was relocated.  No uncommon birds were spotted today.  

It was just too nice a day to go home.  I parked along the DIA Owl Loop (Denver/Adams).  Raptors observed included two Ferruginous Hawks, three Red-tailed Hawks and a Bald Eagle.  No Short-eared Owls appeared again this evening.

No comments: