Saturday, January 22, 2011

Return to Red Rocks Park

January 22, 2011

Richard Stevens:

I had not received a report from Red Rocks Park (Jefferson County) in four or five days, so I drove over in the afternoon. For me, it is about a 70 mile round trip without detours (which of course one always has to make).

One Wyoming birder, four Colorado Springs birders, one Centennial birder and I were able to see both White-throated Sparrows (at the same time), one Golden-crowned Sparrow, one Harris's Sparrow and the Curve-billed Thrasher.

Only one Rosy Finch was observed. A Hepburn Gray-crowned Rosy Finch hung around the smaller tree overlooking the northern platform feeder.

On the way home, I stopped at Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe). The Ross's Goose, one Snow Goose, many Canada Geese and several Cackling Geese were around the southwest marina.

No Short-eared Owls were found along the DIA Owl Loop tonight.

No comments: